Search existing topics or submit a new one

Mobile support

One of the best features of Skype is that you can use it on your iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, or Windows Mobile phone. I'm a die hard Windows Mobile guy, and I use my new iPod a lot too. I have the Skype app on both, and I use them to make calls anywhere I have WiFi, and text on Skype anywhere I have my network's internet. With WiMax (that's 4G for those of you that are uninformed) making a huge step into the cellular phone market, this is bound to be even more popular.

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BryanAdminBryan (Admin, voxox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HNH Consultancy LimitedHNH Consultancy Limited commented  · 

When is the anticipated date to release an Android version? Status: Planned does not mean anything and why you can not allow SIP. Previous thread mentioned that you are trying to prevent fraud, but you can adapt other SIP provider to authenticate the users by providing ID's if you are unable to match the registered address from their IP address.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I NEED mobile support. This is my only motivation for pursuing this techonology. I have signed up with Voxox temporarily and if there is not a way to use it with my Android, I will be cancelling this service.

• arefaref commented  · 

Would love to use this on Windows Phone 7!! Happy Holidays and good luck in the new year.

• script.ninjascript.ninja commented  · 

Well...correction, actually. Many of Voxox's networking features are separate from its SIP support. I was forgetting that just because my phone supports a similar feature set natively doesn't mean they all do.

• betatomicbetatomic commented  · 

Allowing SIP on customer devices would take care of this feature, without the need of creating software for each and every mobile device.

Feedback and Knowledge Base