Search existing topics or submit a new one

VoxOx for Android?

Is there any plan to release VoxOx for Android devices? It could be great.

579 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    l0rd4gu1l0rd4gu1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    BryanAdminBryan (Admin, voxox) shared a merged idea: Android widget?  ·   · 
    started  ·  Ed MalloryAdminEd Mallory (Admin, voxox) responded  · 

After what we know was a very long wait, we’re happy to announce that we’re accepting users into our Voxox for Android beta program. So if you’d like early access to Voxox for Android, just sign up here:
    http://info.voxox.com/voxox-for-android-beta-program

And if you’d like to read more about Voxox for Android beta, you can do so here:
    http://blog.voxox.com/blog/bid/323919/The-Secret-to-the-Best-Messaging-App-For-Android-Beta-Testers

-The Voxox Team
    (who really really thank you for your patience!)

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • na9na9 commented  · 

Android support is a MUST. MORE SO than iOS support...

• RexRex commented  · 

Where is Voxox for Android? You don't have to wait for me to ask,its the way of life now : Mobile and Tablets

And everyone is going android !

• EricaAdminErica (Admin, voxox) commented  · 

Hi EricR,
        The Android app is on our mobile roadmap, but we don't have anything to announce at this time. However, we do currently offer a "VoxOx On the Go" service that can be used with any phone. Here's the how-to guide to get you started! http://bit.ly/dzMXiE

• EricREricR commented  · 

Yes I would have thought they would already have Android app. Hope it comes sooner than later

• EricaAdminErica (Admin, voxox) commented  · 

Hi Everyone,
        We have nothing to announce at this time for VoxOx on Android, but it is on our mobile roadmap. Thanks for the ideas and comments!

• paul wpaul w commented  · 

anyone info on voxox for android, beta test alpha??

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Looking forward to running on Motorola Atrix 4G!

• THGTHG commented  · 

This request would not be needed if Voxox allowed using other SIP clients.

• www.websale.tvwww.websale.tv commented  · 

The closest VOIP app on android that I've tried is the beta NetTalk android app. It's good but they keep promising that you will be able to link any of your NetTalk Duo devices to the app as an incoming call, but I'm still waiting.

Voxox could be the service that could be a game changer for VOIP on Android. Their CallConnect feature is a disruptive technology in my opinion, and that's good for us consumers. Just imagine being able to dial from any cell phone just by texting the number you want to call and having the outgoing call show the outgoing Caller ID of your voxox "virtual" number. This is what Voxox CallConnect does, and it does it well. Outbound caller ID is how every carrier keeps you tied to that expensive phone plan. Carriers know you've given your number out and that is how people identify you. Even local number portability is more hassle and transfer fees involved. A virtual phone service like Voxox is the way to go. I'm hoping they offer a virtual pbx solution.

• najnaj commented  · 

Please bring VoxOx to android!

• harryharry commented  · 

I would definately like Voxox on Android. It is a great product but without Mobile functionality it is not becoming very popular.

• henryhyvahenryhyva commented  · 

- Adroid should be priority N:o ONE, I just canceled today my US & Canada deal, because lack of Android Support!

- MS - Windows is introducing new Tablet OS., by January, I am on, look & wait, let's see, which one it's going to be!

- The Tablet more likely a Archer, as it has unbeatable price & design ratio, camera, 10mm thin, 250GB HD, Lightest with 7" Screen, Etc. Link:
        http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

Happy New Year!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

will attract a lot of people
        I'll be first

• andw99andw99 commented  · 

I agree, an Android client is an excellent step towards expanding the usefulness of this onto a mobile platform. Skype have a "native" offering for Android - but it is bad, as are all the current VOIP offerings. Especially since VoxOx are planning the iPhone client, and that Android accounts for approx 20% of the Smartphone market now (cf. 40% for iOS) it would surely be a good move!

• RamonRamon commented  · 

That would be awesome to see, Voxox on Android. :-)

• dbdb commented  · 

I am very interested in Voxox for Droid. I would like to be able to received and send sms directly from my droid VIA voxox

• dbdb commented  · 

I am very interested in Voxox for Droid. I would like to be able to received and send sms directly from my droid VIA voxox

• nivekmainivekmai commented  · 

I'm really interested in this too, using an unlimited data plan and voxox on my phone would be far cheaper than signing up for my carrier's calling plans...

Feedback and Knowledge Base