Search existing topics or submit a new one

can I port my current phone number to Voxox?

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FrankFrank shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • polocanadapolocanada commented  · 

Hi Erica,
        I can't do what you propose and forward my phone number to Voxox. The phone number I am trying to port is my own but it was ported to another provider like Voxox (your competitor). I am not interested to forward my private phone to Voxox and vice versa. I am interested to have my 2nd phone line (which I own and which is with your competitor) and port it to Voxox so I can use it on my smartpohone as second line. What you are describing is I would have to give up my 2nd phone number and buy a new one from Voxox. Sorry I won't be able to do that. I can't sign up with Voxox till you allow number porting. Thank you.

• polocanadapolocanada commented  · 

Hi Erica,
        I can't do what you propose and forward my phone number to Voxox. The phone number I am trying to port is my own but it was ported to another provider like Voxox (your competitor). I am not interested to forward my private phone to Voxox and vice versa. I am interested to have my 2nd phone line (which I own and which is with your competitor) and port it to Voxox so I can use it on my smartpohone as second line. What you are describing is I would have to give up my 2nd phone number and buy a new one from Voxox. Sorry I won't be able to do that. I can't sign up with Voxox till you allow number porting. Thank you.

• EricaAdminErica (Admin, voxox) commented  · 

Hi All,
        We do not currently allow number porting, but here is a blog post that shows how to use VoxOx with your existing mobile number - http://bit.ly/oN5jZH
        Thanks for your feedback!
        -The VoxOx Team

• KanakKanak commented  · 

Yes Porting number would be a Plus. Most providers allows porting number. Hope Voxox adds this feature.

• PacoBellPacoBell commented  · 

Still no LNP after a year? Wow...

• dslr1234dslr1234 commented  · 

Please let us port numbers into voxox. That would be awesome!!

• OmniColourOmniColour commented  · 

I agree, we need to be able to get the porting feature so we can bring over our existing numbers. Also, please make sure CANADIAN numbers can be ported as well.

• source onesource one commented  · 

so can we port numbers yet? and does it become our free number? or is it a custom number?

• Dave P.Dave P. commented  · 

Being able to port my existing number is absolutely critical. Circulating a new number is just not plausible.

• AuxCoxnAuxCoxn commented  · 

Our Coast Guard Auxiliary flotilla has been dabbling with the various emerging unified messaging services as they emerge. Everyone is excited and convinced that VoxOx is what we need, subject to the 'deal breaking' conditions that we can port our existing numbers and use it on smart phones and tablets.

• southern comfortsouthern comfort commented  · 

One here for number porting. I would like to port my GV number also... some reason I can't get my Voxox number to validate with GV, I have no idea why. I would consider porting my GV number to Voxox if that was an option... until then I'll stay with GV. Voxox has a limited selection of numbers in my area.

• mamibgmamibg commented  · 

I was just doing some research and it appears porting a gV number is
        Possible, but even if we get the option to show our current number for sms caller id that would be great!

• mamibgmamibg commented  · 

second it! I would like to port my Google Voice number. I have so many contacts on my GV account it would be a hassle to change numbers. It would be great if I can port my GV#. VoxOx seems to be hitting off to a great start and I want to be part of it :)

• FrankFrank commented  · 

my current number starts with 416 - Toronto area code in Canada.

• FrankFrank commented  · 

so I do not need to inform everyone that I have a new number - Voxox number.

Feedback and Knowledge Base